What if We Pit A School Atop Every Building In Manhattan?
“Schools in the Sky, a project by Ana Luisa Soares, Filipe Magalhães, and André Vergueiro, [is] a competition to repurpose roofs… It asks, what if we put a school on top of every (non-pointy) building in NYC and then we painted them bright, eye-melting yellow?
The team calls the plan “a provocation.” By giving schools the most valuable and visible space in the city, education becomes something we’ll need to intrinsically value more, or, at minimum, something that we can’t possibly ignore…The result is a space that’s challenging to the political sector but inviting to children—at least children who aren’t afraid of heights.”
I approve of anything that returns public value systems in America to education-first models. We’re in trouble, nationally speaking, because we have an electorate that is uneducated and no longer values the benefits of knowledge.
- deedeetheweenie reblogged this from manicpixiedreamgrandma
- bnwong reblogged this from studio630
- tepica reblogged this from studio630
- charlieolvera reblogged this from notational and added:
- ellng-being likes this
- j08433 likes this
- postandlintel likes this
- doniitoo reblogged this from un
- doniitoo likes this
- veronicalafata reblogged this from new-delete
- mayonessa likes this
- alaska-alaska likes this
- blech likes this
- theskeletonprince likes this
- manicpixiedreamgrandma reblogged this from new-delete
- new-delete reblogged this from un
- un reblogged this from notational and added:
- awrrrsomeness likes this
- notational reblogged this from studio630
- studio630 posted this